Who needs a little pick-me-up project right now? This is a super cute mini fabric bin that can help you get organized. And three of these mini bins will conveniently fit in the Gus Tool bag.
Gus Cube (width x height)
( cut 2 ) Exterior Fabric : 8.5" x 6" [21,6cm x 15cm]
( cut 2 ) Lining Fabric : 8.5" x 6" [21,6cm x 15cm]
( cut 2) Binding Fabric : 8.5" x 2.25" [21,6cm x 5,7cm]
( cut 2) Interfacing (recommended) : 8.5" x 6" [21,6cm x 15cm] - Pellon SF101, Vilene G700, or medium weight fusible interfacing
4" x 4" x 4" [10cm x 10cm x 10cm ]
1. Cut fabric to size. Apply interfacing to the wrong side of the exterior fabric pieces as per manufacturer's instruction.
2. Cut out 2"[5cm] square from the two bottom corners of the exterior and lining fabric.
3. With one exterior panel right side up, place one binding piece along the top edge of exterior panel, pin, and stitch in place using 1/2"[12mm] seam allowance.
4. Press the seam towards the binding side.
5. With right sides facing, stitch the bottom, and the sides of the panel with a 1/4"[6mm] seam allowance.
6. Make a boxed corner by bringing the bottom and side seam together and stitching along the raw edge using 1/4" [6mm] seam allowance. Repeat for the other corner.
7. Turn the bag right side out.
8. Press the side seam open. Fold the binding to the raw edge of the exterior fabric and press. Do this all the way around and set aside.
9. With right sides together, stitch the sides and the bottom of the lining panels together.
10. Make a boxed corner on the lining piece using the same method as the exterior panel (Step 6).
11. With wrong side out, place the assembled lining piece inside the exterior piece (wrong sides together).
12. Align the raw edge of the lining to the raw edge of the exterior piece. Pin to secure the layers in place.
13. Then fold over the binding over the lining. Pin or clip all around.
14. Turn the bin, lining side out.
15. Stitch just below the binding, all the way around.
16. Turn the bin right side out and press.
Look, they fit in the Gus Tool bag!
Stay safe, and happy sewing!